I'm trying to reach an effect like the one below with DOF in Unity.
Unfortunately, I cannot seem to get the integration correct. After importing to Unity, none of the DOF Attributes from the FX seem to have any effect (see below for settings I tried). After trying the Unity DOF script (with Has Post Fx ticked on the camera), the only slider that seems to have any effect is the Far Plane Blur Radius. It seems like all of the particles are getting the same depth, so the farthest particles are blurring the same amount as those nearby.
I've already tried:
- enabling Soft Particles (after switching to all soft materials) in the Rendering Plugin camera script
- switching back to DX9
- setting PopcornFX Preferences to "Before Image Effect"
- the two camera solution found here
- countless near plane, far plane, focus and range settings
- multiple combinations of each
Here's the effect I'm still getting:
Everything is either blurred or not depending on the Far Plane Blur Radius. Also, I've noticed that the DOF_FocusDistance affects the logo seemingly correctly when changed, but nothing else.
I'm probably missing something extremely simple, but does anyone have any ideas?