Recently I have been testing out a Popcorn FX pipeline, but have encountered some issues with the D3DComplier crashing on runtime.
Here is my current setup/process.
1. Download and opened the unity project "PopcornFX-Unity5-WinSamples2.4(1.8.1).zip (Free Windows plugin demo with watermark for Unity5)" in Unity version 5.0.1f1.
2. Copy and pasted the plugin and assets into our unity game project.
3. Downloaded and installed "PopcornFX-Editor_Setup_v126.96.36.19935.exe (Latest 1.8 build)"
4. Created an new popcorn project and installed "GDC2015" package.
5. Exported "PK_InstantShot" to our unity game project (../StreamingAssets/PackFx)
6. Spawned the effect with standard unity C# script.
Within the project I am using the "PK FX Rendering Plugin" and "PK Fx FX" scripts detailed in the setup. Is there perhaps a newer version of the unity plugin I should be testing with? Or perhaps am I forgetting a step in the plugin setup?
Thank you in advance for any help you can provide.